The mission of the H.O.M.E. (Home Missions, Outreach, Mercy, & Evangelism) Committee is to be a gospel community joyfully loving God & others through generous mercy and local missions by being salt and light to our neighbors. It was formed to support the vision of New Life La Mesa to advance our mission into our neighborhood.
The H.O.M.E. Committee:
- is comprised of Godly men and women of the New Life La Mesa congregation approved by the Session. The current committee members are Dave Fredrickson, Randy Dykstra and Nancy Bensimon.
- helps New Life La Mesa organize efforts in Home Missions, Outreach, Mercy, & Evangelism, taking our mission to our neighborhood.
- provides the saints of New Life La Mesa with opportunities to financially support and physically serve in areas of need in La Mesa and throughout San Diego County.
- follows due diligence in vetting “Partner Ministries” or other organizations in La Mesa and throughout San Diego County.
- prays for and communicates with various "Partner Ministries" or other organizations supported by New Life La Mesa.
- coordinates with the Session, Deacons, Missions Committee and other New Life La Mesa ministries where our focus may cross paths.
The H.O.M.E Committee urges you to consider how you can G.I.V.E. during the Thanksgiving and Christmas season by:
- Giving generously – “Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.” 2 Corinthians 9:7
- Inviting others – “And the master said to the servant, ‘Go out to the highways and hedges and compel people to come in, that my house may be filled.” Luke 14:23
- Volunteering – “But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.” James 1:22
- Encouraging – “And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works.” Hebrews 10:24
Below you can find links to various Partner Ministries that have been vetted by the H.O.M.E. Committee and have been determined to be appropriate ministries for New Life La Mesa to support through giving or volunteer activities. Check back early and often for updates.
Missions Agencies & Links:
Engaging Disabilities with the Gospel https://engagingdisability.org/
Unity 4 Orphans https://unity4orphans.com/
- New Life Liaison – Dylan Loureiro
- Upcoming volunteer opportunity – Service trip to an orphanage in Mexico on Saturday, January 13th from 8am to 6pm. Register online through the Unity 4 Orphans website above. Purchase of a ticket and a valid passport are required. In addition to financial donations, like-new condition clothing and toys are also accepted.
San Diego Rescue Mission https://www.sdrescue.org/
- New Life Liaison – Jean Rozendal
- Volunteering with the San Diego Rescue Mission is more than a service opportunity. It’s a chance to bring hope, healing, and compassion to our homeless neighbors. Whether serving a meal, providing mentorship, sorting donated items, or any other volunteer experience with the Mission, you can make an impact in our community. Sign up to volunteer at https://www.sdrescue.org/get-involved/volunteer-opportunities/
CAPS Pregnancy Clinics https://capspregnancyclinics.org/
- New Life Liaison – Carol Dykstra
- The CAPS Walk For Life on October 22 was a great success! Thanks to all who donated towards the ultrasound services. New Life contributions totaled over $4500 towards the CAPS goal
of $30,000! CAPS is a California licensed medical clinic offering pregnancy education, ultrasound and pregnancy test verification, among other services. Please visit the website to learn about donations, volunteering and all that CAPS does to provide pregnancy care.
STRONG Youth Ministries of Servant Church of San Diego https://www.servantchurchsd.org/
- New Life Liaison – Miguel Riveron
Misión Vida Nueva https://www.misionvidanueva.org/
- New Life Liaison – Walker Scott
East County Transitional Living Center https://ectlc.org/
- New Life Liaison – Patrick Thomas
- Volunteer opportunity – Patrick Thomas leads a Christian-based Anger Management meeting each Tuesday evening from 6:30-7:30pm at the East County Transitional Living Center (ECTL). ECTL is a Christian sober-living home for homeless singles and families located at 1527 E. Main St. El Cajon, CA 92021. Patrick would appreciate volunteers who will attend the meeting of approximately 50 clients where he will be teaching from the book "Good and Angry" by David Powlison, pray for them during the meeting, and meet with and encouraging them before and after the meeting. This can be a regular or one-time commitment. Contact Patrick with any questions and to coordinate with him so he is aware you will be attending.
Hope for San Diego https://www.hopeforsd.org/
- New Life Liaison – Nancy Bensimon
- In light of Christ’s love, Hope for San Diego engages our community to care for and invest in our under-served neighbors. Service opportunities are available on an ongoing basis in many areas, including tutoring or mentoring, meal preparation, food distribution at various locations throughout San Diego County, and donations to help the needs of migrants, including backpacks and pre-packaged food for their travels to join friends and family. Sign up to volunteer or learn more at https://hopeforsd.org/events/