Discipleship Journal Bible reading plan
The Discipleship Journal Bible Reading Plan offers special features that will aid you in you journey through the Bible:
- By reading from four separate places in the Scripture every day you should be able to better grasp the unity of the Scriptures, as well as enjoy the variety of seeing four different viewpoints.
- You can begin at any point of the year.
- To prevent the frustration of falling behind, which most of us tend to do when following a Bible reading plan, each month of this plan gives you only twentyfive readings. Since you’ll have several “free days” each month, you could set aside Sunday to either not read at all or to catch up on any readings you may have missed in the past week.
- If you finish the month’s readings by the twenty-fifth, you could use the final days of the month to study passages that challenged or intrigued you.
- If reading through the entire Bible in one year looms as too large a task, you can alter the plan to meet your needs. For example, you could read the gospels and the wisdom books this year, and the other two categories next year.
Pastor Brian’s Bible verse memory plan.
This plan is designed to be used in conjunction with the Bible Reading Plan. Every week a verse(s) is selected from the assigned reading. The verses will appear each week in the bulletin and small groups going through the Bible Reading Plan may also want to recite them weekly. The plan is customized according to the version of the Bible that you prefer to read. Each plan is in PDF format. Or, if you prefer, a set of verse cards is available through the church office.
Daily Catechism/Confession Readings:
Subscribe online – and have them delivered to your email inbox! Go to Daily Westminister and look for the link in the upper left.
For Westminster+Three Forms of Unity (Heidelberg Catechism, Belgic Confession, Canons of Dordt) in one year, you can also subscribe at Daily Westminster+Three Forms.
If you do not wish to read online yet would like a reading schedule to download and print for the year go here.
Calvin’s Institutes Daily Reading
Download in PDF format the daily reading plan for John Calvin’s Institutes of the Christian Religion by going here.